Thursday, April 14, 2011

Glogster Explanation

The word that I have chosen for my glog is violence. From that word, I pictured Jack and his hunter group killing a pig, and blood spurting from its wounds. That is why I chose my background to be red and blood-like. I also chose many key words to deepen the meaning of violence. The definition of violence is the expression of physical force against one or more people. Many times, that results in murder when the line has been pushed too far. When I think about violence, I usually think about shattered glass. That is a symbol for something that has gone wrong. When Jack smashed Piggy's spectacles on the ground, they broke, but that was only the physical part to it. Piggy and Ralph's trust towards Jack and his group are broken, which ultimately results in the splitting of the group. This shows how a little bit of violence can result in a big consequence. The image of the three knives in the bottom-right hand corner represent weapons that are usually used when violence occurs. The fire in the centre of the glogster represents the hate between Ralph and Jack as it is the main object that Ralph and Jack fight about. Ralph would talk about how important the fire is and their hopes of escaping the island while Jack likes to hunt and does not care much about the fire. This can lead to more intense arguments and violence. After reading Lord of the Flies, I have learned that violence can occur anywhere at anytime with anyone, therefore regardless of age and nationality, as long as their is nobody to control a group of people, there will always be violence, which is what's happening in Libya with Gadhafi. Nobody has control over him, and now he is bombing his own people.

No comments:

Post a Comment